Friday, March 9, 2012

Cognizant

Cognizant

More personal than
objective, the data I received in this subject, in this physical realm; started
with me being in a quandary about everything and later being cognizant in one
thing. I found out that Media Ethics is like parental advice: you know you
ought to but sometimes you choose not to.
There are various available perspectives in
this mortal plane, such views provide different trains of thought for what
happens to be the same object for discussion. To prevent or at least minimize
the chances of individuals clashing mentally, emotionally or physically; we
have ethical principles to guide us .For better interpersonal relationships
among fellow mouth-breathers, there is a vital need for a schema of sorts to
follow; so we can actually get a grasp of what is right or wrong.
Facts of the matter: we
are all different. A famous person, a cult or a holy book once said that the
only constant thing in life is change; partially true. Another constant thing
in life is the difference of human beings. No two human beings are exactly
alike. In a scientific, religious or some quack concepts; we can’t be
completely similar. Twins are no exception. With this idea in mind, how can we
get along? how do we know what is right and wrong?
This is a world of
standards; a modern age. We simply can’t do as we please like we used to. In
the times of the Caveman, it was all about survival; It still is, but in those
times the rules on basic co-existence were pretty much irrelevant.
We live in a planet of
a growing and further growing populace of differing nationalities. We base
judgment with a combination of personal biases and prejudices. Since it has
been scientifically proven that no man, woman or child can truly live alone and
live to tell about it; I have learned to factor giving importance to my fellow
mouth-breathers as an important aspect of living
In a macro perspective,
a cumulative of humans form a society. More than what is vital to an
individual, There is a necessity for the needs of a society to be accomplished.
If every man really went for himself and covered his/her own back most of the
actual passing time; I can personally foresee chaos becoming a product of such
selfishness. In a way what I really learned in media ethics, is not just the
details of journalism ethics per se; I saw it as a support for my previous
beliefs and personal unpublished theorems proving that life is for living with
others.
The details of my
writing may seem nonsensical to the less keen observer; but this is my truth.
I enjoyed my semester
with the media ethics subject and facilitator, it was short but substantial; I
got to know others and I was in more ways than one; inspired to pursue
something else because of this course. I am not meant for news media, and I will
say such until I am seriously proven otherwise. I can enjoy the life of a
pauper, given that I reside on the expressive platforms of media. It was
enjoyable learn something, after quite a long run of classes that caused my
mind to cease from its usual erring but responsive functions. I only have a few
school class memories to hold with fondness, this should be one of them…I
think.

No comments:

Post a Comment