Friday, March 9, 2012

Last Day of Media Ethics Class (My Reflection Paper)

PROUD TO BE AN ESCOLARIAN

Years run fast, semesters passed by. Now, I am a graduating student of Centro Escolar Universiy- an institution which provided me a high quality of education and build me up to became a better person.

Being an Escolarian is indeed something which I must really be proud of. The knowledge, values, and learning experience since I was in first year college have brought me to another milestone of my journey in life.

Taking up Mass communication major in broadcasting is not as simple as what other people perceived. It really takes a lot of courage and perseverance to attain your goals.

Media Ethics is one of the major subjects which are very beneficial and productive that perhaps an important tool we can apply in real world of work. The subject is not simply about recommending concepts of right and wrong behavior. It has to do more with morality as part of human life.

I consider the Framework for Ethical Decision Making as the most important learning I had in this subject. It helped me to recognize different ethical issues, choose an approach and make a decision out of it. It challenges me as an individual to take a stand especially when it actually leads me to confusion. I really have to consider every single aspect of the issue and possible consequences it can have.

With every decision I will make, I always have to ask myself, how can my decision be implemented with the greatest care and attention to those who are concerned? Indeed, life is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice.

This learning will be advantageous as I venture to my future career. I know at some point of my life, I really have to go back with the principles I learned from CEU and use it as my instrument in being a knowledgeable and virtuous employee.

With that, I want to give emphasis that it is not just the matter of the grades we earned, but instead, it’s the matter of the lessons we learned.

Every lesson we learned, every activity we made, and every value we shared, we pound it within ourselves and keep it as a tool in facing the future that awaits us.

I am truly proud and honored to be an ESCOLARIAN.

2 comments:

  1. Just like you Ms. Silva. I am proud to become an ESCOLARIAN. Thank you CEU for painting my life color pink!

    ReplyDelete